How to determine the safety of pheromones
  • As a community, we're moving closer to discerning the microbiological effects of pheromone exposure by translating documented endogenous neurosteroidal effects into exogenous pheromonal effects.

But if we want to understand their safety (especially for the wearer, who is exposed to a much larger quantity over a much longer period of time), we need to understand the macrobiological consequences of the neurosteroidal effects.

In the case of molecules that have significant hormonal effects, like MEO-EST, generalized hormonal effects are an issue since some may be absorbed through the skin, and various user reports suggest that this actually happens with normal use. But I'm thinking more about the indirect consequences of pheromone exposure -- how do these molecules play on our feedback mechanisms to up- or -downregulate various biological processes?

In order to figure this out, we'll need to first isolate a molecule or two that have important regulatory properties, such as possibly:
    • d3
    • dhea
    • pregnenolone

Then we'll need to ascertain from the literature what potentially observable consequences could result from over- or under-abundance of that regulatory signal. Then, after administering the mones to ourselves, we'll have to observe whether the identified effects are being expressed more or less both during and after the exposure. From there it should be possible to extrapolate how any molecule would behave, provided we understand its microbiological effects.

I'm thinking D3 could be a perfect candidate for this, so I'm going to be trying to find any studies which might give hints about the specific neurosteroidal action of it. There are tons of studies on its hormonal activity, but so far it's been touch to pin down what exactly it does in the brain.
  • There's not a lot of activity on these forums, however the notion of non-monotonic dose response plays heavily into anyone trying to figure out the saftey of pheromones. Long story short, some molecules which are involved with the endocrine system have more of an impact within a 'sweet spot' range than at a higher dosage.

The notion throws a wrench into many of our normal methods of harm reduction and I'm not sure what the appropriate response is. Reducing exposure time, probably, but I'm not sure what else.
  • I wonder if it's safer playing with herbals that are traditionally ingested. I think all of my pheros got cooked in the desert -- some have changed color or smell bad. So all I've been wearing is a fixed solution of an herbal tincture called Male Sexuality Tonic from Herb Pharm. It smells great, slightly like root beer, and seems to give a pleasant, mild all-arounder type effect. I notice increased sexual attraction with it the longer it wears -- due perhaps to some on-the-skin conversion in spite of the monolaurin fixative?
  • Interesting. I do certainly think that the mones people use are often synthesized in a way that allows for 1 or 2% of some rather nasty synthetic molecules to stay behind.
    Part of me wonders if they've been deliberately tainted/"denatured" to prevent ingestion.

I absolutely would like to delve more into the herbal side of things. I'm easing off on mone use since I think it was impacting my health a bit. But I'll look into that tonic in a month or so. Sounds like an interesting find. Good luck with your career. Glad to hear you're still alive and picking brains somewhere.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion